Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Coosa Valley Credit Union for fresh articles!
Your Auto Insurance Does Not Cover Everything
In the current market, during the first few years that you own your vehicle, your loan/lease balance can be higher than the actual value of your vehicle, as a result of depreciation. As your vehicle's value declines, your loan/lease balance may decline more slowly resulting in a financial gap. If your vehicle were stolen, or totaled in an accident, you would be liable to pay the difference between your insurance settlement and your outstanding loan/lease balance.
Protection Through Guaranteed Auto Protection Plus
- Guaranteed Auto Protection Plus protects individuals who finance a new or used vehicle from the financial GAP.
- In the event your vehicle is deemed a total loss due to an accident or theft, your auto insurance policy will usually cover only the actual cash value or market value of your vehicle less a deductible. This settlement could be significantly less than the amount you owe to your lender or leasing company. The final result is a financial GAP where you must make up the difference, which could mean thousands of dollars out of your pocket.
- Guaranteed Auto Protection Plus covers the difference between the actual cash value of your vehicle and the loan/lease balance, less delinquent payments, late charges, refundable service warranty contracts and other insurance-related charges.
- Guaranteed Auto Protection Plus will even cover your auto insurance deductible up to $1,000. The actual amount depends on your credit union's program limits. Ask your lender/loan officer for details.
- Guaranteed Auto Protection Plus is a loan/lease deficiency waiver and is not offered as insurance coverage.
- The purchase of Guaranteed Auto Protection Plus is voluntary and cannot be required as a condition of credit approval.