Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Coosa Valley Credit Union for fresh articles!
Secured Loans are secured with funds deposited in a savings or savings certificate account. These loans feature the most attractive interest rates, and you will continue to earn dividends on your savings. Along with this type of loan, we offer a Secured Credit Card. These are for those whose credit score may not be ideal- you secure the loan with deposited funds, after 6months-12months (after you have established better credit) you can apply for a regular Visa Credit Card with a higher limit, and your deposited funds are freed.
Secured Credit Card
- If you're just starting out–or trying to rebuild–then the whole concept of credit can be frustrating. You need credit to get credit, and you can't get credit if you don't have credit. It's not even worth trying.
- Or is it?
- At Coosa Valley Credit Union, you're not a credit score. You're a person. That's why we've created a program that puts a Visa in your hand to use for the credit card purchases you want and need. At a traditional bank, you'll spend more on fees or interest rates just because you're building (or rebuilding) your credit, but not with us. Combine the convenience of swiping with the benefits of earning points on things like travel and merchandise with our Scorecard Rewards Program. Best of all, there's no annual fee.
We're Your Partner For Success
- You do, however, need to become a member to enjoy these advantages. Fortunately, joining is easy and it quickly pays off for you. Simply open a savings account with any amount over $25, and pay a one-time membership fee of $5.
- "But you haven't seen my credit score. It's wrecked." Again, we completely understand. When your credit history is rocky, you can feel like a financial outcast. Fortunately we're in your corner. We even have a Secured Credit Card option that protects everyone involved while you start to rebuild. Here's how it works:
- You talk openly with one of our supportive team members about your situation.
- You deposit funds so that your credit is "secured."
- You use your Secured Credit Card and make on-time payments as the credit reporting agencies track your progress and improve your score over time.
- In 6 to 12 months, when your score has recovered a bit, you can apply for our Visa Credit Card program. This gets you a higher limit and more spending power. Plus, you now have the ability to improve your credit score even more.
- Your previously deposited funds are freed to you to use how you please.
- Don't believe that the credit system is rigged against you. We work in your favor with products like the Coosa Valley Credit Union Visa Card. Swing by one of our branches today, and bring your completed Visa Application and Reference/Authorized User Form to start building–or rebuilding–your credit with the smart choices you make every day.