Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Coosa Valley Credit Union for fresh articles!
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number and account balances
- account transactions and checking account information
- credit card or other debt and credit history
When you are no longer our member, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share members' personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their members' personal information; the reasons Coosa Valley Credit Union chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
- open an account or make a wire transfer
- show your government-issued ID or apply for financing
- show your driver's license
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
- sharing for affiliates' everyday business purposes-information about your creditworthiness
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- Coosa Valley Credit Union has no affiliates
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- Coosa Valley Credit Union does not share with our nonaffiliates so they can market to you.
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
- Our joint marketing partners include advertising/marketing agencies, credit card companies and insurance companies.