This is the time of year when the kids are out of school and you’re sure to hear ‘I’m bored’ at least once. Before you take the whole family to a movie (for $50 or $60), it might help your budget to find something entertaining to do at home. And you might even have a little fun while spending quality time with the family! Here are a few ideas:
- Craft – Find old photos to put in a scrapbook, make ornaments for the tree, or make handmade gifts for friends.
- Bake – Get the kids involved and try a new dessert recipe or bake cookies for the neighbors.
- Read – Find a book that no one in the family has read before and take turns reading aloud.
- Cook – Kids love to be involved in the cooking process. Give them various tasks depending on their age and let them be the chef for a change.
- Play – Board games can be fun, but video games have become more family friendly. Most video games offer games for multiple players giving the family something fun to do together.
- Watch – Movie night is a classic favorite. Let the kids choose a movie and a fun snack to share. It’s an easy way to spend time together without the movie theater prices.
Enjoy some frugal family time this season!