Back to school, back to school...It’s that time again, and it seems so early each year!
Preparing for back to school can be expensive. Back to school can cost upwards of $500 for some people, depending on how many kids you’re buying for. There are notebooks, crayons, pencils, backpacks, and clothes! But, you don’t have to overspend when it comes to back to school shopping. Here are some good deals and tips to save money during the back to school shopping frenzy.
- Go through your school supplies at home before going to the store. Only buy things you don’t already have at home.
- Stick to the teacher’s list. The teacher knows what students will need, no need to pick up any extras.
- Check out Staples and their awesome 25 cent deals.
- Use hand me down supplies from older siblings.
- Shop at home for clothes first. You may find that your kids don’t need all new clothes to start school, and you may be able to delay some of the purchases a couple of months. As you’re looking through their closets and drawers, be sure to make a list of items and sizes needed so you know what to buy when you shop.
- Set limits on clothes before heading out to the store.
Don’t forget to go ahead and budget for next year’s back to school shopping. Stashing a little away each month will take the sting out of the expense next year.