Colder weather is creeping in pretty quickly around here, and with cold weather comes higher heating bills.
We found some helpful information that should make the Winter months a little more bearable. Here is a Top-9 list to prepare your house for the bitter cold:
9. Have your lawn-irrigation system professionally drained.
8. Trim landscaping.
7. Turn off exterior faucets.
6. Add extensions to downspouts so water runs at least 3 to 4 feet away from the foundation.
5. Clean the gutters.
4. Caulk around windows and doors.
3. Make necessary roof repairs.
2. Buy a programmable thermostat.
1. Tune up your heating system.
Here’s to a warm and happy Winter!
Thanks to consumerist.com for the great tips!