Check fraud has become an increasing problem that continues to target individuals on a daily basis. With modern technology, a criminal can create, realistic & believable yet counterfeit, personal checks/business checks/Cashier's Checks/Money Orders to defraud people from their hard earned money.
Many check fraud scams will come in the form of:
- A sweepstakes that you supposedly won.
- A person in a foreign country needing help.
- A work from home offer that is too good to be true.
- A request for an advance of money in return for a promise of a larger sum.
- Stolen checks (or checks being used without your permission) being fraudulently endorsed and/or used.
Sadly, no matter what the pitch, the scammed reader is always the victim. Knowledge is power, don't get scammed!