Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Coosa Valley Credit Union for fresh articles!
An interest-earning checking account can help you meet savings and spending goals simultaneously. This dividend-paying option lets you write checks and use a debit card. Here’s what you can count on with a Checking Plus account.
The Benefits of Saving
To open a Checking Plus account, you need only deposit $25. Once your balance reaches $500 (and stays above that mark), the $6 monthly account maintenance fee is waived, and you get all the perks of the Checking Plus account free of charge. When your account balance reaches and exceeds $1,000, those funds begin earning dividends.
Plus the Advantages of Checking
With a Checking Plus account, you'll enjoy unlimited debit card use and check writing. In other words, you can pay your monthly bills and, as long as your balance remains above $1000, your money will be earning dividends.
Checking Plus account holders also enjoy these benefits:
- Overdraft protection. You can avoid overdraft fees by setting up this protection plan.
- Automatic payroll deduction options. You may want to transfer funds out automatically every month to pad your savings or pay down loans. Make the move a painless one with auto-deductions.
- Constant, 24/7 access to online banking. What used to require a branch visit during business hours can now be done online. You can also view your e-statements, access bill pay, and see your credit card information night or day. You can make loan payments, track transactions to see when they clear, obtain copies of checks you've written, update your address with us, sign up to receive account activity alerts and send secure messages to your credit union team.
- Access to thousands of surcharge-free ATMs. Click here to locate an ATM near you. Since the network is nationwide, you can easily find a surcharge-free ATM while on vacation, too.
- A mobile app. Once you've enrolled in online banking, download our mobile app on Google Play or the App Store. Now, you can manage your money from anywhere. Make a mobile check deposit, check your balance or transfer funds all with a few taps.
- Audio Response. Maybe you prefer to use a voice-prompted system. Access your money real-time by setting up and using Audio Response. You can check your balance and account activity, see when transactions clear, transfer funds between your savings and checking accounts, withdraw money from savings or line of credit (by check), advance money to one of your share accounts from a line of credit, stop payment on checks, and much more.
You have savings goals and a spending plan that fits your lifestyle. A Checking Plus account can help you successfully manage both. To get started, call or visit your nearest Coosa Valley Credit Union today.